Roblox Software Engineer - Mobile (Remote)
Who We Are
At Statespace we’re using cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and video games to revolutionize the way that humans improve.
Our first product, Aim Lab, is a personalized training platform that helps gamers learn about their strengths and weaknesses and train for the game they love. Aim Lab has over 20 million players around the world and is available for free on Steam and even on Roblox. Aim Lab also has official partnerships with some of the biggest publishers, including Riot, Ubisoft, and Activision Blizzard.
Our team consists of scientists, designers, engineers, and game industry vets coming together from places like NYU, MTV, NASA, Yale, Nintendo, and the NFL. We are well-funded and supported by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, including Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Lux Capital, Expa Capital, and WndrCo.
Weird. Non-traditional background. Underdog. Outcast. If people have used any of these words or phrases to describe you...welcome home. Kick-ass engineer or designer without a degree? Come join our team.
We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way. We are based in NYC but have a remote work culture and are looking for exceptional people to join our team regardless of their physical location.
We value performance, not hours worked (or when you work them). We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your kid’s play or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule.
However, if you are looking for a job where you are happy to just collect a nice paycheck and/or nap under your desk like George Costanza, we are not the right fit for you (we don’t even have desks).
The work we do is hard, and therefore, a key company goal is to mitigate needless obstacles that prevent our team members from accomplishing their goals. To that end, our vacation policy is “take it whenever you want to”, our PTO policy is “take it whenever you need to”. We offer very generous medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
The Roblox Software Engineer - Mobile Role
We’re looking for experienced Roblox developers to join the Engineering team. Someone who is passionate and knowledgeable with the Roblox platform and social/mobile gaming. Someone who is comfortable developing new experiences and maintaining existing products.
- Create new Roblox experiences for both internal and client-specific projects.
- Work with product managers, designers, engineers, and data scientists to ensure objectives and key gameplay elements are implemented in-game.
- Performance optimization specially on mobile and console.
- Adjusting controls, configurations, and UI layouts dependent on device types.
- Iterate quickly by leveraging user feedback and data.
- Brainstorm new ideas to tie mission objectives directly to gameplay.
- Served as a developer on team(s) that shipped a commercially-viable Roblox game (educational or entertainment)
- At least 2 years of experience developing games on Roblox
- Deep understanding of gaming and esports content
- Understanding of performance and controls for mobile games
- Able to manage concurrent projects
- Positive team player and thrives with team collaboration
- Organized, communicative and detail-oriented