(Closed) Product Manager
Who We Are
At Statespace we’re using cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and video games to revolutionize the way that humans improve.
Our first product (Aim Lab) is a personalized, AI-powered analytics and training platform for competitive gamers and Esports athletes. Aim Lab has well over a million users and the best user community in the whole wide world (we may be biased).
Our team consists of scientists, designers, engineers, and game industry vets coming together from places like NYU, MTV, NASA, Yale, Nintendo, and the NFL. We are well-funded and supported by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, including Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Lux Capital, Expa Capital, and WndrCo.
Weird. Non-traditional Background. Underdog. Outcast. If people have used any of these words or phrases to describe you... welcome home. Kick-ass engineer or designer without a degree? Come join our team. We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way. We are based in NYC but have a remote work culture and are looking for exceptional people to join our team regardless of their physical location.
We value performance, not hours worked (or when you work them). We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your kid’s play or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule. However, if you are looking for a job where you are happy to just collect a nice paycheck and/or nap under your desk like George Costanza, we are not the right fit for you (we don’t even have desks).
The work we do is hard, and therefore, a key company goal is to mitigate needless obstacles that prevent our team members from accomplishing their goals. To that end, our vacation policy is “take it whenever you want to”, our PTO policy is “take it whenever you need to”. We offer very generous compensation plans as well as medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
The Product Manager Role
The Product Manager will report directly to the VP of Product and will be responsible for defining and driving strategies for products, features, and content. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the ongoing needs and expectations of our community. You will work closely with our Engineering, Science, and Design Teams to ensure successful GTM strategies. We are looking for someone to be results driven and someone who is excited to bring their ideas to fruition.
- Partner with our VP of Product to define our product strategy
- Manage the roadmap, the backlog, and execution of our business strategy and vision
- Define detailed specifications and requirements for features that improve the user experience
- Craft user experiences solutions
- Propose new initiatives that will help us grow
- Collaborate with senior leadership across design, engineering, and science teams to develop product strategy and execute plans that lead to launches/releases
- Identify market opportunities through market research
- Deep dive into details that may result in small gains
- Rely on user feedback results to assist in making product decisions
- Simplify workflow throughout department collaborations
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Manager or equivalent (i.e. program management, project management, or similar)
- Ability to collect and utilize objective and subjective input to make product decisions
- 2+ years of experience with people management
- Own the short-term and long-tern vision and the roadmap of products
- Cross collaborate with teams throughout the Company to create feature priorities, product launches/releases, and user engagement
- Execute releases and communicate product plans/results
- Ability to lead complex project launches
- Eagerness to dive into details, find creative solutions, and take responsibility for your work
- Respect for and desire to achieve exemplary design that will delight users
- Identify and resolve issues
- Have held an engineering/design position or experience working directly with engineering/design teams
We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. You will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status.