(Closed) Data Engineer
Who We Are
At Statespace we’re using cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and video games to revolutionize the way that humans improve.
With over a million users, our first product (Aim Lab) is a personalized, AI-powered analytics and training platform for competitive gamers and Esports athletes.
Our team consists of scientists, designers, engineers, and game industry vets coming together from places like Airbnb, Uber, NASA, Facebook, Nintendo, NFL, NYU and Yale. We are well-funded and supported by some of the world’s best VCs, including Khosla Ventures and FirstMark Capital.
Weird. Non-traditional Background. Underdog. Outcast. If people have used any of these words or phrases to describe you... welcome home. Kick-ass engineer or designer without a degree? Come join our team. We hire talented, self-motivated people and let them build.
We offer unlimited PTO, generous compensation (including exciting equity!), as well as medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
We’re looking for smart, self-directed people who are excited about bringing new ideas to the table and can thrive in a startup environment. We value performance, not hours worked (or when you work them). We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your kid’s play or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule.
The Data Engineer Role
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team who can develop, construct, test, and maintain architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems. The Data Engineer will be in charge of building, testing, and maintaining data management systems. The Data Engineer will recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality. The Data Engineer will work closely with our Data Science team as well as our Engineering team.
- Create and manage key game client and business intelligence and data pipelines
- Work closely with Data Science to assist with data acquisition and persistence
- Work cross-functionally to explore and propose solutions to business problems that can be addressed using insights from data
- Create data tools for game developers and data scientists to assist them in building and optimizing our handling of data from game client through the analytics engine
- Support the development of new solutions for batch, real-time data, and analytics use cases that align with business requirements
- Maintain and troubleshoot the infrastructure built for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements: automate manual processes, optimize data delivery
- Improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Implement analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into player performance, customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key metrics
- Automation of end-to-end testing of our data pipelines
- Ensure data security standards as data passes from game client to cloud storage services
- Working familiarity with a variety of different storage mechanisms including SQL & NoSQL databases, Data Warehouses, and Data Lakes
- Experience working with AWS Cloud platforms and related systems
- Experience building and optimizing data pipeline and architecture
- Experience with big data tools: Databricks, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools, such as Airflow
- Experience with real-time data processing and stream-processing systems: Kinesis, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience in requirements analysis, design, implementation, and testing of software solutions, especially data related, using Python, Scala, and/or other programming languages
- Strong project management, organizational and communication skills.
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Stats, or Mathematics
- Experience with Unity/C# a major plus
We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. You will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status.