Looking for the next challenge within software development? Do you feel excited to work in a fast-growing environment? We are accelerating the growth of our web and launcher team and are now looking for a Software Engineer to join us. As a team, we make decisions on how to tackle challenges and what technology to use. We own the full application life cycle from development to production. We experiment and work with different Agile frameworks and frequently in pairs; but not always. That part is largely up to you!
Our challenge for the coming year is to continue scaling our systems for our ever-growing global player base. This will be done in parallel with delivering day-to-day value to our stakeholders within marketing, customer service, the game itself and of course our players.
As a Software Engineer at Star Stable you will:
- Work with our current tech stack which includes React, Electron, Python, Docker, Redis, AWS, Jenkins/Concourse, and Grafana
- Explore new technologies while maintaining and developing our front- and backend services.
- Work with the whole life cycle of a task, i.e. understanding the problem, evaluate possible solutions, design according to target architecture, implement by coding, deploy, and monitor the solution.
- Work cross-functionally, interacting with people across the organization
- Take part in a great team of passionate and diverse people. We love what we do; you should too!
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 3+ years of experience with React and Python
- Gets encouraged and motivated by change
- Would like to play a huge role in the overall success of our products
It’s a plus if you have experience with some or all of the following areas:
- Containers (e.g Docker)
- Django/Flask frameworks
About Star Stable:
Star Stable Online is a vast online multiplayer adventure game designed to encourage girls to work together to solve problems and complete challenges as well as explore a large-scale, complex fantasy world from horseback. With more than 500,000 monthly active users, Star Stable is one of the most popular online horse games in the world, and one of the few online gaming sites targeted specifically towards girls. The company employs a great team, with more than 150 people from all over the world (and continuously growing), located in the center of Stockholm.