Senior Software Engineer
Are you passionate about gaming and tired of crunch? We are currently in need of a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This is a highly collaborative role where you will be part of our Re:try team partnering closely with QA, Python- and C++ programmers. We have been working together with a live game for years and know how to do it with a sustainable work-life balance. One of our challenges for this year is to scale our game servers to fit an even larger player base. We are already supporting over 500 000 monthly active users and are looking to increase that number substantially. Sounds like a challenge you want to take on? Keep reading!
As a Senior Software Engineer at Star Stable you will:
- Work with our current tech stack which includes C++, Python, Docker, Perforce, AWS, Git and Jenkins.
- Together with the game backend team, work on scaling and maintaining our game server to be fit for a larger player base.
- Perform design and code reviews together with the team to get early feedback on the work.
- Be part of a great team of passionate and diverse people. We often work in pairs to solve problems and spread knowledge. We love what we do; you should too!
Who are you?
Our ideal candidate is someone who cares about high-quality code and also has experience working closely with other engineers to ensure systems are designed for reliability. Other than that, we believe that you:
- Have at least five years of experience in game development.
- Professionally have worked with network programming.
- Have previous experience shipping a multiplayer game (preferably as a network programmer).
- Are fluent in C++.
- Have experience developing for multiple platforms such as MacOS, iOS, Linux and Windows.
- Have knowledge with relational databases.
- Enjoy mentoring and help your team!
- Have experience implementing game servers using microservices and have worked with iterative software development and incremental deliveries.
About Star Stable:
We are a passionate and happy bunch of 150+ creative brains from 20 different countries, dedicated to creating immersive and inspiring experiences for a global audience of girls. Founded in 2011 in Stockholm, Sweden, we are the makers of the popular adventure game Star Stable – the currently #1 ranked and fastest-growing horse game in the world.
Over the years we have extended our product line to music, publishing and several apps, continuously working to improve, grow and fulfill what’s at the heart of our mission – to inspire, to celebrate the power of sisterhood and to have a meaningful global impact, transforming the gaming industry into a more open-minded and inclusive environment.