Senior Game Engineer
ABOUT OUR STUDIO
Standing Stone Games is a gaming studio based in Needham, Massachusetts (right outside of Boston!), staffed by people who have been passionately working on MMOs for decades. We're proud to develop and operate our two free-to-play MMOs: Dungeons & Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online! We enjoy sharing heroic stories with our players that create a lifetime of memories. We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!
The Senior Game Engineer is responsible for collaborating with other disciplines and designers to develop engaging and memorable gameplay experiences in the Live Development Dept. at Standing Stone Games reporting to the Producer.
Years of Experience, Education, and/or Certification...
- Interest in working on the game user interface and game systems.
- 5+ years of programming experience, gaming industry experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and optimization.
- Proficient working on a variety of systems in the realms of game engine, tools, game support services and the games themselves.
- Debugging, including post-mortem debugging.
- Experience working in C++ and SQL.
- Able to collaborate with other engineers and other non-technical team members, including as game teams, customer service and ops.
Additionally, you should possess
- Microsoft WCF, C#, JSON, SOAP
- Enjoys talking about game theory.
- Loves gaming, particularly online games.
- At least one shipped title
We invite you to get in the game with us and help us make exciting experiences!
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Daybreak Game Company LLC is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for blockbuster hits and franchises such as DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, EverQuest®, and Dungeons and Dragons Online®, Daybreak creates, develops, and provides compelling online entertainment for millions of gamers worldwide. We are the game publisher for Darkpaw Studios, Rogue Planet Gaming Studio, Dimensional Ink Games, and Standing Stone Games. To top it off, we are making games in three of the coolest cities in the United States: San Diego, Austin, and Boston. We make games that bring people together and build lasting communities and are totally devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience!
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company's People & Culture team at [email protected] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
**Daybreak Game Company, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**