Videogame Designers (Experience Required)
Stainless Games need talented designers to help us make really great games that people want to play. Successful candidates will work with our friendly, experienced team on high profile projects for multiple platforms.
At Stainless Games, you’ll be working with talented colleagues in a fun and relaxed environment on the beautiful Isle of Wight.
Stainless is an independent computer game developer, established in 1994, with a catalogue of multi-million selling titles under our belt. Over the years we’ve developed over 40 games and 300 SKUs for Mobile, Console, PC, Steam and VR for gamers to enjoy.
- Work closely with your lead to help add definition to the design vision for projects
- Work within small multi-disciplinary teams across a number of platforms
- Work closely with Art and Code to help realise the design vision for the project
- Define UI flow and functionality
- System design, creation and balance
- Keep all design documentation up to date
- 2+ years professional game design development experience
- Passionate about design for games across a variety of genres
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and organised
- Creative thinker able to design elegant solutions to identified design issues
- Able to translate unique aspects of the game vision into new and compelling game design experiences
- Detail orientated
- Knowledge of Unity
- Knowledge of Unreal
- Proven track record creating assets for a good variety of game genres
- Helped define game designs across a number of platforms from mobile to VR
- Interest in vehicles, both real and concept
- Good knowledge of board games and CCGs
The successful candidate will start remotely, but once restrictions allow, we’re aiming to return to the office on a much more flexible basis. We’ve thought long and hard about achieving the right balance, and still feel that being able to chat to colleagues face to face is an invaluable part of making great games, and nurturing our collaborative company spirit. However, we understand many people have relished working from home, so we’ll be giving our team the option to do this on Mondays and Fridays. We’ve also taken this opportunity to refurbish our main studio, to ensure employees return to a lovely working environment.
Other work benefits include:
- Annual 22 days holiday PLUS UK bank holidays PLUS a 2 week Christmas shutdown
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working around reasonable core hours
- Pension contributions
- Private medical cover
- Assistance with working visa, application process and fees
- Relocation assistance
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discount on ferry travel for employees, family and friends
- Mental Health First Aiders at work
- And much more...including on the social side once restrictions allow again...
The Isle of Wight has become an increasingly attractive lifestyle destination, especially since the pandemic. It’s one of the sunniest places in the UK, and you’re never more than 25 minutes’ drive from a beach, making it ideal for outdoor living and family life.
When applying, please provide a cover letter, CV and any relevant links to work if possible.
Stainless Games Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, which means that we are committed to a policy of treating all of our employees and job applicants equally.
Apply now to be part of our friendly and progressive team!