(Closed) ESports Head Coach
The Esports Head Coach will be responsible for developing, launching and growing the Esports program for St. Mary's University. The position will connect, recruit and interact with student-athletes as well as play a pivotal role in attracting cross-cultural and diverse candidates to compete in tournaments, open play nights, Gaming Summer Camps, Gaming Clinics, Gaming Workshops; Gaming Scrimmages, University sponsored gaming leagues and other fundraising events. Position will train the trainers and recruit Assistant Coaches for the program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Identifies vital needs and strategy of the Esports program; game strategy, multiplayer strategy, league strategy, sponsorship strategy, diversity & inclusion strategy, fundraising strategy, clinic and workshop strategy, camp strategy; social media strategy and marketing strategies;
- Develops program goals, outcomes and opportunities as well as analysis of program successes andchallenges; develops and administers plans and policies that reflect our vision, values and mission;
- Manages the Esports players and program in a manner appropriate to support the goals of the university and develops strong sustainable platform/program for all age and experience levels;
- Facilitates tryouts and team selections; assesses skills, experience, tracks development and guides and supports technical growth;
- Instructs and mentors on game strategy and technique; trains Esports athletes to competitive standards and strive to build championship teams and competitive leagues; Conducts gamer skill clinics, camps, scrimmages, workshops and coach development;
- Creates, organizes and oversees competitive intercollegiate schedules; organizes multiplayer video game competitions involving real-time strategy, objective fps and prepares budgets and organizes the promotion and compliance of the program;
- Ensures that program maintains a strong social media presence while maintaining coordination with the Office of Communications to ensure it is compliant with university standards;
- Seeks and secures sponsorships, funding sources and funding events to evolve program and develop scholarship opportunities; cultivates relationships with internal and external audiences to create excitement and funding sources for the Esports program among students, prospective students and other potential funding sources;
- Collects and analyzes feedback and stats for Esports athletes to assess performance and experience and progression;
- Collaborates with Athletics staff to ensure event schedules and programmatic needs are coordinated properly;
- Acts as the primary contact and serves as the public face of the Esports program;
- Performs other duties as assigned. EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates degree preferred EXPERIENCE:
- Must provide at least one (1) year of evidence of competing or coaching two or more of the top tournaments, leagues or popular games (League of Legends, Overwatch, Rocket League, Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, Fortnite, APEX, the International, Call of Duty, IEM Katowice, HALO, PUBG Global, DOTA 2, Counterstrike, Smite, Team Fortress, etc.)
- Must demonstrate a strong and diverse understanding of gaming industry, competitive play, industry titles, gaming genre aspects, and gaming club mechanics and fundamentals;
- In-depth knowledge and experience at two or more of the top tournaments, leagues or popular games (League of Legends, Overwatch, Rocket League, Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, Fortnite, APEX, the International, Call of Duty, IEM Katowice, HALO, PUBG Global, DOTA 2, Counterstrike, Smite, Team Fortress, etc.) competitive scene & meta.
- Experience working in a fluid, self-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Coaching an Esports team in a college/university is preferred.
- Ability to successfully manage, mentor and coach team members.
- Self-directed with willingness to assume responsibility.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to resolve conflicting situations.
- Ability to envision and drive growth for the university's esports program.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to resolve issues independently.
- Ability to work with a diverse community of students, faculty, administrators and professional colleagues.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's mission.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license, motor vehicle liability insurance and personal injury insurance, and complete the University Van Driver Training within 90 days of employment date;
- Must be able to travel and work flexible hours including evenings and weekends;
- Must clear and maintain a favorable background investigation and clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, twist, balance, and work at a desk, to include pushing and pulling cabinet drawers. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and respond to visual and aural cues. Must have manual dexterity to be able to operate the following equipment: computer, game station equipment, and telephone. Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols and eye/and coordination. Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke and an environment with moderate to loud noise levels.
Interested candidates can apply for the position at this link: https://stmarytx.applicantpro.com/jobs/1335740.html