Head Coach, eSports
St. Louis College of Pharmacy is seeking a full-time professional to lead all aspects of the new eSports program. Have you considered using your competitive gaming experience and coaching abilities to enhance the student experience for College students? The coach will direct the development of this new program and will oversee the eSports varsity and club teams, special events, and associated programs set to compete in the fall 2020. The coach will plan and implement all aspects of an eSports program from the recruitment and retention of qualified student participants, and the administration of a competitive eSports program. This is a full-time position and includes our nationally recognized employee benefits including health, dental, vision, life, disability and generous retirement match.
Founded in 1864, St. Louis College of Pharmacy is one of the oldest and largest colleges of pharmacy in the nation. Our student body is among the most academically gifted in the Midwest. St. Louis College of Pharmacy provides an inclusive, supportive and enriching environment for growth, learning and leadership to prepare our students, residents, faculty, staff and alumni to positively impact patients and society.
We are driven by our values of integrity, positivity, growth, diversity, professionalism, respect, and inclusion. Recognized as a Great College To Work For 2011-2017, 19.
You Will Have The Opportunity To
- Establish a vision for the new program by establishing, publicizing, and promoting our new program.
- Recruiting qualified students for a varsity eSports team, who are a great fit for our healthcare focused curriculum.
- Coach players and organize the program by:
- Plan practices, define competitive priorities and assist participants in improving their skills and performance.
- Ensure participants meet all eligibility standards required by the Athletic Department.
- Maintain an environment of sportsmanship, accountability and achievement, assist with the academic success and graduation of program participants.
- Develop and maintain eSports-related websites, social media platforms and other publically viewed media.
- Supervise assistant coaches/graduate assistants.
- Oversee team alignment with conduct, policies, procedures, and regulations to which the College belongs including the National Association of Collegiate eSports (NACE).
- Recruit and maintain size focused on new student enrollment and meeting recruitment goals.
- Organize and administer camps and clinics for students at St. Louis College of Pharmacy, prospective students, as well as summer programs and other community outreach.
- Prepare, monitor and adhere to annual program budget.
- Represent the College at conferences, regional, state and national meetings relating to eSports.
- Fully participate in Athletic Department functions.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum.
- Competitive experience with a variety of game titles including: League of Legends, Overwatch, Rocket League, Smash Brothers (preferred), and Hearthstone (preferred).
- Outstanding organizational and prioritization skills with a proven track record.
- Requires excellent relationship building, communication, and interpersonal skills. Must be good at problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong marketing and promotions skills are needed. This includes social media, communications and web publishing skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate the role eSports plays in the holistic development of the student participant and recruit new students to the College.
- Preference will be given to candidates with coaching experience at the collegiate or high school level. Experience recruiting high school and or college students, preferred.
If this sounds like the job for you here is information on how to apply:
Go to www.stlcop.edu/employment and followthe simple steps to apply online and submit a cover letter, resume/CV and references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
St. Louis College of Pharmacy is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled