Talent Acquisition Specialist
At Square Enix, our fans are at the center of everything we do. We create games that transport them to fantastical worlds, from the wonderous realms of the FINAL FANTASY series to the mysterious crypts of Tomb Raider. Our goal is simple. We aim to spread happiness through unforgettable play experiences. To do this, we seek innovative, creative, forward-thinking, passionate people. Sound like you? Then join us!
In this exciting role, you will act as point of contact for recruiting, hiring and retaining talented candidates. You'll oversee planning, developing and implementing a productive Talent Acquisition strategy for SEA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a sustainable talent acquisition hiring plan and strategy
- Work with Department leaders on rebranding job descriptions
- Job Descriptions to fit Employer Brand
- Entice applicants
- Fun, Exciting, Welcoming, Non-Scripted
- Job Descriptions to fit Employer Brand
- Design, plan and execute employer branding activities to present Square Enix as the employer of choice
- Encourage employees to be brand ambassadors
- Plan employee referral programs
- Use HRIS, Recruitment Marketing tools
- Administer ATS and corporate careers page
- Utilize a variety of recruiting channels to source and find candidates qualified for open positions (i.e. social platforms and professional networks)
- Foster external relationships with past applicants and potential candidates to create future talent pipelines Organize and attend job fairs/recruitment events
- Perform analysis of hiring needs and provide employee hiring forecast
- Partner with and educate Hiring Managers of the sourcing process, providing a consultative approach to talent acquisition
- Design, plan and execute selection processes (conduct interviews and screening calls, administer behavioral tests etc.)
- Find bottlenecks in the recruiting process
- Perform candidate and employee satisfaction evaluations
- Plan procedures for improving the candidate experience
- Manage the offer of employment and onboarding process to ensure candidates are engaged and excited to join the Square Enix family
- Suggest measures for improving employee retention
- Use sourcing methods for hard-to-fill roles and maintain a list of approved/preferred recruitment agencies
- Hold bi-weekly meetings with SEW Talent Acquisition Partners
- Present best practices for hiring needs across SEW
- Collaborate on hiring needs for Department Heads with direct reports in other SEW offices/studios
- Present weekly hiring reports to hiring managers
- Pipeline of candidates
- Open positions
- Number of scheduled interviews
- Follow up with hiring managers within 24/48 hours after initial screening
- Follow up with new hires after first 40 hours post orientation
- Participate in other special projects as assigned*
*This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The team member will also perform other reasonable related duties as assigned. Management reserves the right to change the job responsibilities, duties, or hours as business needs prevail.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in human resources and/or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 – 3 years related industry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of job descriptions to include DEI&B
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of human resources best practices preferred.
- Working knowledge of Paycom preferred.
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws and regulations.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and evolving environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- High level of integrity and the demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
- World-Class Customer Service skills and the ability to interact with Team Members from all levels of the organization.
- Ability to represent SEA in a professional manner.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position does not require domestic and international travel.
Work Environment & Vaccination Status
- Due to COVID-19, as of January 4, 2022, this role has been placed in a temporary remote position and may return to a Hybrid Work Model (date TBD).
- Employees working from the offices of Square Enix are required to be 100% vaccinated and adhere to the Los Angeles Mask Mandate, CDPH, and CDC guidelines.
- Unvaccinated office employees, including medical & religious exemptions, are required to submit to weekly testing, adhere to the Los Angeles Mask Mandate, CDPH, and CDC guidelines.
- This job normally operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, laptops, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Our AWESOME Perks & Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401K Employer Match
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Policy
- Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Covid Leave
- Pre-tax benefits (Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA)
- Discount on game purchases and merchandise
COMMITTED TO INCLUSION
Square Enix, Inc. is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals by providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
It is further the policy of Square Enix, Inc. to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]
*Please note: Inquiries other than reasonable accommodation assistance, will be not be addressed.