Senior Video Editor
At Square Enix, our fans are at the center of everything we do. We create games that transport them to fantastical worlds, from the wonderous realms of the FINAL FANTASY series to the mysterious crypts of Tomb Raider. Our goal is simple. We aim to spread happiness through unforgettable play experiences. To do this, we seek innovative, creative, forward-thinking, passionate people. Sound like you? Then join us!
Square Enix is seeking an enthusiastic and relentlessly creative, Senior Video Editor to join our growing and evolving in-house creative department, on location in our Los Angeles office. Working with Creative Leadership you will contribute to conceptual development, design, and production of world-class video and digital assets for use in broadcast, out of home, paid, and social platforms. The ideal candidate will understand what it means to push the boundaries of storytelling through an innovative creative approach, teamwork, collaboration, leadership, a highly sophisticated creative sensibility, and a passion for building unforgettable, shareable experiences through creative editing and innovative post-production techniques.
In this role, you'll shape all manner of compelling videos including social-first short-form, animation, sizzle, hype, case-studies, gameplay, and live-action spots. The ability to understand, direct, and capture gameplay is key to the success of this role.
If youre passionate about editing, storytelling, animation, narrative, video production, film, pop culture, music, and video games, we want to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead video projects from pre to post-production.
- Strong command of commercial, narrative, mini-doc, social video productions
- Works with creative leadership to ensure projects are on-brand and maintain premium quality.
- Edit with Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Comfortable animating with After Effects, mixing with Adobe Audition (or Pro Tools), and color with Adobe CC (or Davinci).
- Collaborates with producers to develop schedules and identify resource needs on internal projects.
- Organize project folder structures, maintain project files, ingest cards and log footage to our digital asset management system
- Contribute to delivering projects that are exceptional creatively and impeccable technically.
- Collaborates with leadership to improve video production processes and protocols across the department.
- Acts as a Project Lead when required to do so.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on creative development of video concepts to support marketing creative strategy needs.
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration, enthusiasm, creative ambition and dedication to craft.
- Collaborate with leaders to drive innovative ideas that support our growth goals.
- Ability to think proactively, strategically and tactically, to move from high concept to detailed execution.
- Articulate and present creative ideas to senior leadership across the company.
- Manage multiple projects from start to finish while keeping multiple stakeholders appropriately informed and engaged.
- Mentor creatives on the team, creating a strong sense of purpose and community, and promoting a culture of design excellence.
- Present to cross-functional partners across Square Enix.
- Challenge the status-quo and push the creative boundaries of video production.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, Film, Media, Communications, related field or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in a role as an Editor or Sr. Editor at a game company, advertising agency, broadcast, film or branded content production company.
- Passion and talent for connecting audiences with ideas through visual storytelling.
- Experience directing and/or first-hand color grading.
- Knowledge of digital and social best practices.
- Familiar with gameplay capture techniques, software, and best practices.
- Background in broadcast, animation, video or motion-driven content creation.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically, to move from high concept to hard-working detail.
- A portfolio demonstrating a track record of delivering highly creative and effective content for Fortune 500 brands.
- Ability to define and execute on high-level creative strategies.
- Experienced short-form content promo and trailer storyteller, with an amazing demo reel.
- Experience in writing, developing and pitching creative concepts.
- Experience working on brand/advertising projects.
- Proficient music editor and sound designer with an intimate understanding of the emotional power and structure of music.
- Proficient in Premiere Pro CC, Pro Tools, After Effects, Cinema 4D, and Photoshop.
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Demo Reel / Portfolio Website
- Youtube / Vimeo Channel
- Knowledge of Nuke or industry-equivalent compositing software.
- Knowledge of Blender, Maya, Z-Brush or equivalent 3D Modelling and Animation software.
- 2D Animation experience.
- Deep knowledge of Square Enix IPs, products, and services.
- A passion for video games, animation, movies and the culture that connects them.
- Job knowledge
- Technical credibility
- Attention to detail and a critical mind
- Team Leadership
- Calm and respectful acumen
- Creative Leadership
- Proactive, Positive, and Professional.
- Strategic thinking
- Able to accept feedback and creative input, gracefully
- Organizational and project management
- Work management and dependability
- Verbal and written communication
- Interpersonal skills, relationship building
- Independent worker (take initiative and work well with little supervision)
- Team player
- Efficient and productive
- Adherence to policies
- This position does not have management responsibilities.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information & Technology Skills
- Computer Software
- This position does not require domestic and international travel.
- Due to COVID-19, this role has been placed on a Temporary Work From Home position.
- This job normally operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, laptops, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, and move around the facilities. This would require the ability to lift files/boxes, open filing cabinets, file, bend, twist, stand on stool as necessary. Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision covered for you and the option to add your spouse/domestic partner and children at 2% of premium
- 401K Employer Match
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Policy
- Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Covid Leave,
- Pre-tax benefits (Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA)
- Discount on game purchases and merchandise
Square Enix, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Square Enix, Inc. is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. It is the policy of Square Enix, Inc. that qualified individuals with disabilities not be discriminated against because of their disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. It is further the policy of Square Enix, Inc. to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected] Please note that general employment questions are not addressed here.