In-Game Support Representative II
Responsible for providing in-game customer support and enforcing game rules and policies for our online games while meeting department quality and productivity standards. This department operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Your schedule will be determined based on business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolves in-game customer concerns via proprietary tools.
- Fulfill customer requests via proprietary tools.
- Resolve concerns including but not limited to inappropriate language, grief tactics, game errors, and game cheats & exploit issues through investigation of server records.
- Contact customers to address their concerns in an escalated capacity.
- Review and process disciplinary action on customer accounts in violation of the rules and policies governing our online games.
- Stay current on all elements of the project and community through the official website and other resources.
- Accurately and concisely document customer call history or disciplinary action through proprietary tools.
- Monitor service levels of multiple tasks and relegate work to subordinates accordingly.
- Stay up to date with most current rules, policies, and procedures.
- Provide informed and accurate answers and decisions while addressing inquiries posed by coworkers and other departments.
- Provide basic coaching to subordinates to correct mistakes made with policies or procedures.
- Escalate issues to appropriate departments when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience playing MMORPG titles.
- Minimum 1-year front line customer service experience.
- High-end knowledge of FINAL FANTASY XI and FINAL FANTASY XIV a plus.
- Prior call center experience a plus.
- Prior Game Master experience.
- Knowledge of the entertainment software industry.
- Japanese language skills and experience working with Japanese corporations (not required, but a plus).
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Minimum typing skills 40 WPM.
- Able to work various schedules.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Ability to quickly learn detailed procedures through flow-charts or e-mail.
- Must have integrity and self-restraint.
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to independently navigate areas of unfamiliarity.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Strong word processing and other computer skills.
- Independent worker (i.e., takes initiative and works well with little supervision).
- Efficient and productive.
- A passion for video games.
- Exceptional teamwork skills.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position does not require travel.
- Due to COVID-19, this role has been placed on a Temporary Work From Home position.
- This job normally operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, laptops, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, and move around the facilities. This would require the ability to lift files/boxes, open filing cabinets, file, bend, twist, stand on stool as necessary. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds. This expectation holds true for the current work-from-home environment.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision covered for you and the option to add your spouse/domestic partner and children at 2% of premium
- 401K Employer Match
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Policy
- Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Covid Leave,
- Pre-tax benefits (Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA)
- Discount on game purchases and merchandise
Square Enix, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Square Enix, Inc. is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. It is the policy of Square Enix, Inc. that qualified individuals with disabilities not be discriminated against because of their disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. It is further the policy of Square Enix, Inc. to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected] Please note that general employment questions are not addressed here.