EU Merchandising Director
The MD Director – Europe is an EU leadership position and is responsible for the Merchandising business across Europe which includes the sales and promotion of figurines, TCG’s (trading card games), board games, music items and other such merchandise associated with our video gaming brands. The scope of this business in FY21 is gross revenue $10M, the goal is to grow both gross revenue and profitability 4x in the next 5 years.
- Deliver FY22 goals of $15M gross revenue.
- Manage and deliver the EU Merchandising group P&L.
- Completely reorganise the department, currently a team of 7, ensuring fresh procedures, processes and reporting are put in place with a keen focus on stock placement, product line analysis and roles and responsibilities.
- Reassess the business models with Tokyo and assess ways to maximise margins and reduce costs (warehousing/ freight).
- With the collaboration of the Store/ CRM team – devise a strategy for more relevant and localised product for the Western markets.
- Regularly report and liaise with both SEJ and SEA teams for ordering quantities and product information.
GM – EU C&PS, E-commerce Manager, E-store/ CRM manager, Head of Owned Channels, EU Sales Director, MD Gas, Finance, Legal, HR EU functions, Head of MD Tokyo, GM JP Sales, Head of JP Music.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant senior level sales experience with a toy/ hobby or merchandising background.
- Extremely strong commercial skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and man management skills.
- Excellent market knowledge of all EU territories and the toy/ merchandise sector and in the e commerce and distribution space.
- Robust understanding of the supply chain, logistics and warehouse function in order to effectively manage day 1 placement and stock lifecycle.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Detail oriented and organised.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Excellent forecasting skills.
- Driven, dynamic and extremely goal oriented.
- A people person and strong motivator.
- A strategic thinker and planner.
- Degree level – business qualification.
- A second language – Japanese or French and German preferred.