A new role has arisen, for a commercially minded digital and brand marketer to join the Brand team for a new GaaS IP, at Square Enix’s London office.
The successful individual will have experience in the Games as a Service and eSports sectors, working alongside development, marketing and communication teams to drive outstanding user acquisition, retention and monetisation campaign strategies. A detailed thinker, they will also be conversant with using data to support, enhance and amplify marketing programs and have a proven track record of delivering commercial successes.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to work with highly talented development teams, managing the launch and ongoing success of a new gaming IP in EMEA and ANZ markets.
- Take ownership of the commercial forecast and P&L of assigned projects, continually driving toward meeting the necessary business goals.
- As brand lead across EMEA and ANZ markets, the Brand Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders to build and own all areas of the user acquisition funnel, aid retention and ultimately deliver positive monetisation for the business.
- Build promotional plans to engage an ‘always-on’ marketing approach in new user acquisition.
- Use data to support brand positioning, target markets, messaging, lifecycle planning and promotional materials.
- Develop plans to grow and nurture the playing community to support retention and engagement.
- Build out best-practice planning to promote the eSports ambitions for the title and engage through all levels of the playing community to grow this side of the business.
- Ensure team members have the direction and materials needed to execute their campaigns. Lead regular market check-ins and updates, to drive campaign adjustment and results.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of programmatic advertising and other on-trend digital ad formats and platforms.
Market & Consumer Understanding
- Good, working knowledge of the EMEA and ANZ markets. Able to drive consumer and data research and demonstrate effective implementation of learnings in growing the business and measuring campaign effectiveness/ROI.
- Build a detailed understanding of the product and be able to deliver high-impact presentations as required.
Working in a diverse group of cultures with both internal and external stakeholders, including:
- SEJ West Brand (London and LA)
- Japanese Development
- Business Intelligence / Analytics Groups
- Community & PR Teams
Knowledge and Experience
- Good, proven experience of strategic/brand marketing, and digital marketing, particularly in a Games As a Service environment.
- Proven experience of planning and executing game marketing campaigns across EMEA and ANZ and communicating with a diverse number of international stakeholders.
- Data driven and a deep understanding of the metrics required to build successes for GaaS.
- Very good project management capability, highly organised and meticulous planning.
- Ability to brief, manage & modify campaigns across touchpoints to excite and engage consumers.
- Commercially minded, with a keen eye for budgeting.
- Experience of tracking campaign results via previously agreed KPIs.
- Excellent at writing detailed briefs and presentations.
- Active involvement in eSport successes and a deep understanding of this area of the games industry.
- Degree level of education or equivalent, and/or CIM qualification.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Very strong team player - able to work within an interdisciplinary game team and international business.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Self-motivated and pro-active – taking ownership of projects to drive them forward.
- Good business acumen.
- Understanding of game development and willing to learn more about how games are developed.
- Additional languages (European &/or Japanese) a plus but not compulsory.
- Willing to travel and stay away from home. Valid Passport to enable international travel, where necessary.
- Shows passion and excitement about video games, keeps up to date with developments within industry.