Senior Concept Artist
Squanch Games has some crazy characters, creatures, and worlds. And we need all of ‘em concepted! We’re currently looking for a Senior Concept Artist to help make these insane creations a reality. This person will need to be able to work closely with the art director and the art department to make sure that their creations match our current project's vision.
At Squanch Games, we make stuff that people love: games that we want to play ourselves. We make experiences that we would like to be totally immersed in and enjoy for hours at a time, as well as shorter, crazier experiences that would be great to play with a group of friends or possibly with stray homeless people that you invited in so you could feed and bathe them.
If you share these values, come join us!
- Help define the mood and tone of new environments by creating beautiful and engaging concepts matching the current art direction
- Create advanced environment, character, and prop concepts that translate well into 3D art assets and can be easily passed off to an outsourcing studio
- Rapidly develop concept designs through renderings and sketches to support the needs of multiple teams whether it be characters, creatures, props, environments, or architecture
- Help create strong environmental scenes and style guides for internal and external developers
- Possess the ability to take direction and feedback from the team as well as contribute your own ideas
- Able to deliver complex design solutions using various art techniques and methods
- 5+ years of experience working in a production environment on a video game or similar industry
- A strong portfolio demonstrating detailed painting skills in programs like Photoshop or similar
- A great eye for detail, silhouettes, and composition
- Able to work across multiple styles including hard surface and natural work
- Strong experience working with the Unreal Engine and 3D programs such as 3dsMax or Blender is a bonus!
- Health, dental & vision.
- 401k and FSA.
- Flexible PTO and work from home policies.
- Bonus to ensure a comfortable work from home setup.
- Monthly snack box.