We are looking for a Technical Artist to join our London based studio on a 12 month contract, working with artists and developers to find and fix problems and help take the graphical fidelity in our games to another level.
- Working with the Art and Graphics team to produce technically correct artwork
- Helping to establish best practices and workflows for creating artwork
- Ensure the creation of technical documentation to be used by the art team and assist in defining the art pipeline
- Work within artistic and technical constraints to create tools and processes that will maximise output
- Creating and maintaining different scripts/pipelines for art production
- Troubleshooting art-related technical issues (Maya, Unity, Substance Designer etc.)
- Create shaders
- Pro-active problem-solving skills
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Maya, Unity, Substance Designer, Photoshop etc.
- Knowledge of art pipelines, asset exporting and process automation
- Knowledge of art optimisation techniques
- Experience with PBR based workflows
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an artistic point of view
- Knowledge of procedural art workflows
- Proven experience with Python, C#
- Passion for creating artwork in a realistic style
- Bonus if familiar with GLSL or HLSL
- Bonus if familiar with modular environment workflows
- Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found on our website.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.