Software Engineer (Console)
The studio is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join the newly formed Console team and take the existing Football Manager Touch product to new and exciting heights.
Your role will include integrating new features and quality of life changes from Football Manager, as well as creating and reviewing technical designs for mainly console specific features.
All Software Engineers are required to adhere to the coding standards set by the studio.
We are looking for self-motivated people with good communication skills who can complete work independently as well as part of a team.
- Integrate new and existing Football Manager features and quality-of-life changes into the Football Manager Touch code base and ensure build stability.
- Work closely with the UX/UI Designers and Game Designers to create, scope and develop new console features for Football Manager Touch.
- Work across multiple platforms and projects to ensure we deliver the best performance and experience to our customer base.
- Collaborate with other disciplines, including QA, Producers, and other engineering teams, on both development and future planning.
- Contribute to research and support the console team in line with studio and department objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Good knowledge of modern C++ and C# languages.
- Good knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience using C++ as the main language and C# as a secondary language.
- Experience designing and developing systems for multiple platforms.
- Strong academic background with a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) or higher in a relevant technical field such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics, or physics.
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills for effective collaboration with software engineers, artists, animators, QA, and production staff.
- Self-motivated with a drive to improve yourself and others continuously.
- A good understanding of performance and optimisation.
- Experience with Unity preferable.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the ‘Here East’ technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.