(Closed) Esports Video Editor
OverActive Media's goal is to build an integrated company delivering eSports and video game entertainment experiences to fans in Canada and around the world through franchise ownership, strategic partnerships, investments, and acquisitions. We are only one of five esports organizations in the world to own both a professional League of Legends and Overwatch League franchise. We are combining team ownership with audience engagement to better connect with our current fans and to introduce these exciting competitions to new fans.
Splyce Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of OverActive, will operate out of Rochester, N.Y. and will have primary responsibility for the management of the competitive elements of each team which include Toronto Defiant, Splyce League Of Legends, Splyce Call Of Duty, Splyce Rocket League, Splyce Smite, Splyce Starcraft.
Reporting to the Executive Producer and based in OverActive Media’s Rochester Office, the North American Video Editor is an integral member of the Content Team. They will use their post production skills to drive the narrativearound our pro team coverage.
- Video editing for our Call of Duty, Smite, Rocket League, and Starcraft properties.
- Corresponding directly with content staff to fulfill practical, everyday production needs, while remaining on schedule.
- Collaborating with Marketing Department, to ensure their social media video content needs are being met.
- Writing short scripts and treatments against the footage given.
- Ensuring video standards and consistency is met for all videos that are developed internally and externally.
- Managing branded deliverables and ensuring the assets are completed on schedule.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the flexibility and experience required to adjust to rapidly changing schedules and shifting priorities.
- A hands-on problem solver and critical thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Motivated by highly collaborative, fast-paced environments, with the ability to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Knowledgeable on digital marketing and current content trends.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / LOGISTICS
- University degree in a field related to TV or film production considered an asset.
- 3+ years of previous experience in field production at a small to medium-sized studio environment.
- 3+ years of editing experience using the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Working knowledge of motion graphics programs such as Adobe After Effects.
- Living in Western NY and the ability to come into the office Monday through Friday.
- Comfortable with some travel, which may include some weekend events.
- Has a valid US Passport.
- Esports knowledge.
- Call Of Duty knowledge.
- Splyce fan.
- Cover letter
- Video Work (Demo Reel, Links, Etc)
- Full-time salary position.
- Health, Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance.
- Direct ability to help shape the voice of Splyce and OverActive Media.