Senior UI Programmer
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
Senior UI Programmer
Splash Damage's Senior UI Programmers bring the user experience vision for our projects to life by applying their extensive development experience and technical expertise.
Senior UI programmers can analyse a UI design and identify the individual components required to build a user interface. Working closely with UI Design, UI Code and other development disciplines, they design and implement robust and performant UI systems and core components. They are proactive at planning and estimating their own and other's work to align with specifications and project milestones.
Our Senior UI programmers are afforded a high degree of autonomy, we trust that they know best how to complete their work. They can effectively communicate solutions to complex problems, and are able to represent the UI code team both internally as well as to external partners. They enjoy working as part of a team in a friendly and collaborative atmosphere where they have the freedom to build their technical knowledge and savour a technical challenge. They always look for ways to push themselves and their projects further, and are encouraged to pass their experience on to other members of the team.
We believe that levelling up our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our programmers.
- A strong background in UI programming for video games; you’ve worked on at least 1 commercial project from inception to delivery.
- Advanced knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Practical UI implementation knowledge; you have worked within UI teams to overcome technical limitations.
- A can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills; you love collaborating with others to architect and implement systems.
- Strong time management and organisational skills; you can assist others in getting the job done without supervision.
- Good communication and presentation skills; you’re able to present ideas clearly and confidently to audiences of all experience levels.
- A real passion for UI and clear enthusiasm for playing games.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) and Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG).
- Multi-platform and console development experience.
- Experience with localisation pipelines.
- Demonstrable appreciation of usability conventions in relation to UI.
- Experience with accommodating a variety of player accessibility needs.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke and our weekly Friday get togethers for in-house drinks, games and more.