Senior UI Designer
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
Splash Damage's Senior UI Designers bring the user experience vision for our projects to life by applying their substantial experience and technical expertise.
Senior UI Designers are well-versed in user-centred design methodologies and make a major impact at all stages of the UI design workflow. They establish the visual design direction for our interfaces, craft both static designs and animations with the highest degree of polish, and work closely with our UI engineers to get the best out of our technology.
Senior UI Designers can work autonomously and make smart decisions with the information at hand. They effectively communicate their team’s solutions both verbally and visually, and can represent their team both internally as well as to external partners. They always look for ways to push themselves and their projects further, and regularly pass their experience on to other members of their team.
We believe that levelling up our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our UI designers.
- Strong background in UI design for video games; you’ve worked on at least 1 commercial project from inception to delivery and know Photoshop and Illustrator like the back of your hand
- Player-centred approach to UI design, with solid knowledge of design processes and methodologies
- Exceptional fluency in current and upcoming design as well as typographical trends, with a keen eye for composition, clarity and usability
- Solid understanding of animation principles and the ability to visualise UI animations in AfterEffects or Flash
- A can-do attitude and strong teamwork skills; you love working with others to craft solutions and can provide direction and feedback to other designers when needed
- Great time management and organisational skills; you can plan projects at both roadmap and sprint-level and get the job done without close supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; you’re able to present ideas clearly and confidently to audiences of all experience levels
- A real passion for games UI and clear enthusiasm for playing games
Bonus Points for:
- Experience managing or mentoring others
- Experience creating motion graphics
- Experience in user research and focus testing
- Experience working with UMG
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke and our weekly Friday get togethers for in-house drinks, games and more.