Senior Lighting Artist
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
Lighting is a visual tool more powerful than simply a means of illuminating the world that the player can see. With thoughtful implementation it can guide us through a scene, showing us the path and highlighting the goal. At Splash Damage, our Lighting Artists paint stories with light, infusing worlds with atmosphere and emotion, as well as ensuring that the player can find their way around them.
Splash Damage is looking for a Senior Lighting Artist to join our growing teams of talented developers, helping us to create exciting games that are expertly built and enjoyed by millions.
- Light scenes based on reference photographs and concept Art materials.
- Work with the Lead Lighting Artist and Art Director to create high quality lighting schemes in keeping with the project's visual direction.
- Produce work within specifications under strict deadlines.
- Review and implement your work using the game editor.
- Trouble shoot lighting issues and action creative feedback.
- Collaborate with other sub-disciplines including Environment Art, Level Design, VFX, Cinematics and Tech Art.
- Coach and mentor junior level staff through knowledge sharing.
- Experience working within Unreal Engine 4+
- An up-to-date portfolio filled with examples of Lighting work.
- A good understanding of shape, form, composition and tonal values.
- Excellent knowledge of Physically Based Rendering and balancing materials.
- Experience pre-bake, dynamic and hybrid lighting workflows.
- Working knowledge of tone mapping, colour grading and LUTs.
- The ability to deliver performant lighting schemes for gameplay.
- Great communication skills.
- The ability to work well within a team.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Unreal 5 Early Access and Lumen.
- A solid understanding of the impact of Lighting direction on Level Design and gameplay.
- Knowledge of trends in videogame lighting, movie cinematography and photography.
- An understanding of HDR and its implementation.
- Experience lighting both environments, characters and cinematic cut scenes.
- An understanding of post processing effects including colour grading.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.