Senior Asset / Props Artist
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 situation, we're all currently working from home. We continue to hire across our projects and will set you up remotely for the time being.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with the 24/7 Babylon digital GP service
- Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
- Group life assurance scheme
Splash Damage is looking for a hardworking Senior Prop/Asset Artist to assist in helping build great looking environments for an exciting new IP. Working within our multi-discipline art team, you will be making a wide range of hard surface and organic models while collaborating with Outsource partners, Art direction, Tech-Art and Concept Art to ensure assets a visually impressive and are within the performance constraints.
- Work with the Art Leads and fellow artists to create inspiring Hard Surface and Organic 3D Assets while ensuring a consistent art style and physically based parameters is maintained across the game.
- Work closely with other environment artists to ensure the asset needs of the level team are met with highest quality of work, visually and technically.
- Collaborate with Art Leads and departments such as Gameplay and Design to create high quality props and textures that can also be part of an interactable asset.
- Collaborate with external Outsource partners to ensure quality is visually impressive and consistent
- Cooperate with Tech Art on pipeline improvements as well as research new tools and techniques to increase efficiency and quality.
- Maintain quality and consistency across your work and can act as a mentor to less experienced artists.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong skills in art software packages such as Maya, ZBrush, Substance and Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge of both Bespoke and Modular asset creation techniques within UE4/UE5 or similar game engines.
- Good understanding of art fundamentals and design (including understanding of composition and colour)
- Good communication skills and ability to receive and act upon feedback
- Being able to adapt quickly to a specific art style with minimum guidance
- Hardworking and have a strong passion to learn and improve as an artist
- Good Technical and Artistic awareness related to optimization, memory constraints, gameplay implications, tiling textures and trims.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Industry experience in a similar role
- Impressive portfolio that shows artist knowledge of World Building, Modelling, Mapping and Texturing
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.