Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running from your home during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, but we will expect you to come and work with us in our friendly studio in Bromley as and when it’s safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
As a Production Tester, you will play a key part in ensuring our projects are free of game-breaking bugs. Working perfectly in tune with the development and production teams, you’ll understand each and every game feature and communicate effectively to external test teams for optimal coverage. Alongside Production, you will also be working closely with developers from all disciplines to ensure that features are implemented on time and in a shippable state.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Establishing and running daily test cases for internal and external use.
- Reporting, managing and tracking bugs via our bug tracking system.
- Performing regression testing and verifying fixes.
- Ensuring tests are completed in accordance with project deadlines.
- Providing and collating feedback and suggestions for improvements to the game.
- Monitoring our forums for player reported issues, and escalating accordingly.
- Recognise and communicate risks to project delivery.
- Ensuring that all bugs are recorded in a clear and consistent format, keeping with the standard required of our testers.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Passionate about multiplayer experiences, including PvP and Co-op.
- Previous game testing experience with a developer or publisher.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work within tight time constraints in a high-pressure environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow technical instructions.
- Flexibility in regard to hours of work. (If required, the job holder will be expected to work outside normal office hours, including weekends and/or bank holidays if necessary.)
Desirable Skills and Experience
- At least 1 years’ experience within the games industry.
- Experience in using bug reporting and management systems (e.g. JIRA).
- Experience with testing console games.
- Good knowledge of PC software and hardware.
- Computer games technology degree or similar related degree.
- Experience in being a member of a gaming community or being part of content creation/mod making.
- Knowledge of different working methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.