Principal Environment Artist
About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
Whether they are hard surface architectural, mostly organic or a fusion of both, the worlds that the Environment Artists create here at Splash Damage are not only high quality in terms of their visuals, but are lovingly crafted game play spaces.
We trust our Principal Environment Artists to model high quality assets that are delivered on time, to quality and within the technical specifications required for the game to be performant.
Splash Damage is looking for a talented Principal Environment Artist to join our growing teams of talented developers, helping us to create exciting games that are expertly built and enjoyed by millions.
- Create Environment assets varying in scale and complexity.
- Model assets using reference photographs and concept Art materials.
- Work with the Lead Environment Artist and Art Director to create high quality environments in keeping with the project's visual direction.
- Produce work within performance specifications under strict deadlines.
- Review and implement your work using the game editor.
- Trouble shoot asset errors and action creative feedback.
- Collaborate with other sub-disciplines such as Level Design, Lighting and VFX.
- Coach and mentor junior level staff through knowledge sharing.
- An up-to-date portfolio filled with examples of high-quality environment work.
- A strong understanding of shape, form and composition.
- Proven abilities in optimised 3D asset creation.
- Expert level experience with PBR workflows.
- Proficiency with industry standard modelling tools such as 3D Studio Max and Maya.
- Experience working with Photoshop and Substance Painter.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work well self-directing as well as within a team.
- Worked with industry standard asset tracking software such as Jira.
- An understanding of the impact of Environment Art on Level Design.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working within Unreal Engine 4+
- Skills with supporting software such as Zbrush and Substance Designer.
- A mixture of hard surface and foliage asset modelling skills.
- Set dressing and beautification pass experience.
- Houdini or other procedural tooling skills.
- Photogrammetry experience.
- Basic level lighting skills.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.