(Closed) Materials Artist
About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
Splash Damage is looking for a hardworking Material Artist to assist in helping us build stunning and inspiring environments for an upcoming title. Working within our multi-discipline art team, you will be creating high-quality tiling and procedural materials for floors, walls and assets for a photorealistic video game environment. This will be in line with the art direction and technical requirements of a AAA realtime games project and be used in tandem with the needs of the wider art team.
- Work with the Art Leads and fellow artists to create the necessary PBR materials to craft a photorealistic AAA environment, creating both tiling materials for surfaces as well as materials for asset creation and visual consistency. These materials will be used on realtime scenes in a games engine as well as in numerous asset creation pipelines.
- Collaborate with Art Leads and other departments such as Art Direction, Concept Art and Tech Art to ensure a consistent art style is maintained across the game’s materials while maintaining game play and performance requirements
- Maintain quality, efficiency, and consistency across your work
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong skills in art software packages such as Maya, ZBrush, Substance Designer/Painter and Photoshop.
- Good understanding of art fundamentals and design (including understanding of composition and colour)
- Good communication skills and ability to receive and act upon feedback
- Hardworking and have a strong passion to learn and improve as an artist
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Industry experience in a similar role
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Previous experience in other software packages such as Quixel Mixer and procedural tools such as Houdini
- Experience in procedural workflows for asset creation
Impressive portfolio that shows examples of high-quality PBR photorealistic materials, such as hard surfaces, organic surfaces, modular trims and tiling materials.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.