About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
As a lead backend engineer on our new unannounced title you will provide technical leadership, architectural guidance and mentoring for the backend team. You will collaborate closely with game feature teams, but also with other disciplines such as design, gameplay and UI, to create backend services to drive game features such as progression, inventories, purchasing, customer support and much more. With a strong focus on scalability and performance, you will be responsible for flexibility, reliability, performance and efficiency of our backend technologies.
- Strong leadership skills, an enthusiastic attitude and team-first mentality; you give effective direction and feedback, and can nurture professional growth in your team
- Strong practical knowledge of distributed systems and scalable architecture fundamentals (including performance, consistency, communication models, etc)
- In-depth knowledge of Golang, preferably also knowledgeable in other commonly used backend languages
- Experience building, deploying and operating services at scale
- Strong experience with cloud-hosted infrastructure automation
- Strong knowledge of Linux fundamentals
- Experience building online services using modern best practises
- Experience with the security aspects of online services
- Proficiency with relational and non-relational databases.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.