About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Gameplay programming team are responsible for implementing new and exciting gameplay features within a multiplayer environment. We work closely with other disciplines to help them realise their ideas through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development.
We are looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join a team working on a leading AAA franchise. You will work within cross-functional teams to deliver features on-time and to a high level of quality. Through regular communication and interaction with other team members, you will gather the requirements for, and own the implementation of, key tasks and features related to a wide range of development areas. You enjoy exploring new challenges and are comfortable solving difficult problems autonomously where required.
You excel at:
- Working with members of multiple disciplines to iteratively develop features that address and achieve the high-level goals of the game.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
- Breaking down your work into measurable and achievable tasks.
- Writing clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
- Professional experience iteratively implementing gameplay features from inception to delivery.
Even better if you have:
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games and/or turn based tactical games.
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Experience developing for Xbox One and/or PS4.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
- Experience in developing procedurally generated environments.
- Experience in animation programming.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke and our weekly Friday get togethers for in-house drinks, games and more.