We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running from your home during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, but we will expect you to come and work with us in our friendly studio in Bromley as and when it’s safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
We are seeking a Senior Audio Designer with a strong track record/portfolio including previous successful AAA shipped titles and experience of managing a team of other Audio Designers / and Audio Department.
- Have been Senior Audio Designer or significant experience in the games industry with at least 2 complete cycles of shipped AAA titles
- Produce world class sound effects from the team’s original source recordings
- Set the audio quality bar on all projects, define best working practises for the audio team
- Have in-depth knowledge and experience with many types of microphones and recorders
- Be able to organise and engineer large-scale field recording sessions with dozens of mics and multiple recorders
- Have a good understanding of many types of music, ability to communicate with composers using music terminology and direct the composition of music
- Work with script writers and voice providers to ensure all speech / dialogue in all projects is of high quality
- Have experience with game audio middleware such as Wwise
- Familiar with industry standard audio software such as Reaper and a wide variety of plugins
- Be able to tracklay, mix and master linear media such as trailers and cinematics to high quality
- Experience mixing in 5.1 and 7.1 surround for games and linear media
- The proven ability to design cutting edge game audio tools to drive speech/sfx/music in innovative ways
- Is competent with Unreal 4
- Have experience performing and recording Foley, and working with Foley providers
- Be able to foresee and mitigate potential technical audio issues, identify problems and quickly resolve them
- Be able to oversee and manage a localisation pipeline
- Provide mentoring for other members of the audio team
- Experience with other game engines such as Cryengine and Unity
- Keep up to date on industry standards and developments in sound production and mixing techniques in other fields such as film and music
- A degree in music or sound design
- A basic understanding of how code is written is a plus
- Experience with video editing tools such as Vegas and Premiere
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.