About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
We are looking for a talented Concept Artist to join our teams at Splash Damage. You will be working closely with the Art Director and the rest of the art and design teams to create inspiring images, solve visual challenges and help drive the quality of our current and upcoming titles.
For this you will get a variety of tasks from developing early ideas and sketches for the initial concept stage, to creating polished production illustrations and designs.
- Fluent in photoshop and flexible to learn new tools
- Great art skills and understanding of art fundamentals like shape language, form + function, perspective, composition, colour theory, lighting, perspective
- Strong sense of design, composition and a good eye for detail and scale
- Ability to create functional designs
- Good communication ability to receive and provide clear feedback
- Passion for game development and working closely with other disciplines
- Ability to generate quick sketches and ideas as well as creating polished artwork
- A deeper understanding of at one or more of the following:
- Architectural Design – strong understanding of the layout, proportions & construction of a range of building types, both realistic and imaginary.
- Industrial & mechanical design principals and their application to fictional vehicles, machines, weapons etc.
- Strong anatomical knowledge - to create a variety of unique and interesting characters and creatures full of personality in a range of styles
- Ability to adapt to a variety of visual styles with minimal supervision
- Experience in 3D packages and Game Engines such as Unreal
- An understanding in the game development process
- Good self-motivation and self-management skills
- Previously shipped video game titles
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTS
- With 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
- Industry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
- All of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDS
- We offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
- We have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.