Assistant Technical Artist
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
As an Assistant Technical Artist, you will be responsible for maintaining part of our content creation pipeline and implement graphical features on an exciting new project at Splash Damage. You will maintain consistent high standards of support across all Art disciplines, and work with other Technical Artists at the studio to improve general development practices.
You should have a pragmatic and practical approach to working with technology, willing to push technical boundaries and ensuring the Art team can work as efficiently as possible. If you think you’ve got what it takes to help Splash Damage raise the bar and strive for excellence, we’d like to hear from you!
As an Assistant Technical Artist, you will:
- Drive state of the art visuals that complement the game design and help deliver an exceptional product
- Prototype and develop graphical features, as well as authoring content that require high technical expertise
- Support the Art team in debugging tools or game related issues,
- Champion novel techniques and workflows amongst the Art team for efficient content generation
- Drive the game’s run-time performance and memory consumption optimizations
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proactive problem-solving attitude and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern game content creation workflows
- Must have a strong digital Art background (modelling, shading, lighting, VFX)
- Good knowledge of Unreal Tech, this includes applications such as Material creation and BluePrint
- Beginner to intermediate level scripting experience (e.g. Python, C#), especially for DCC applications
- Decent knowledge in Linear Algebra, Calculus and related mathematical concepts found in 3D technologies
- Good understanding of real-time physically based materials & rendering (PBR)
- Passion for games and game development
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with the Substance suite and Houdini
- Knowledge of lower-level programming languages such as C++
- Knowledge of shading languages, e.g. HLSL, GLSL, cg or pssl
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.