Assistant Lighting Artist
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
Lighting is a visual tool more powerful than simply a means of illuminating the world that the player can see. With thoughtful implementation it can guide us through a scene, showing us the path and highlighting the goal. At Splash Damage, our Lighting Artists paint stories with light, infusing worlds with atmosphere and emotion, as well as ensuring that the player can find their way around them.
Splash Damage is looking for an Assistant Lighting Artist to join our growing teams of talented developers, helping us to create exciting games that are expertly built and enjoyed by millions.
- Assist in the lighting of scenes based on reference photographs and concept Art materials.
- Work with the Lighting Artists to create high quality lighting schemes in keeping with the project's visual direction.
- Produce work within specifications under set deadlines.
- Review and implement your work using the game editor.
- Action creative feedback in a professional manner.
- Foundational Art skills such in drawing and painting or photography.
- An up-to-date portfolio filled with examples of Lighting and/or Environment work.
- A good understanding of shape, form and composition.
- General knowledge of Physically Based Rendering workflows.
- Proficiency with modelling tools such as Blender, 3D Studio Max or Maya.
- Experience working with image manipulation software such as Photoshop.
- Good communication skills and a willingness to learn.
- The ability to work well within a team.
Bonus Points for:
- A relevant Games or Art diploma or Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working within Unreal Engine 4+
- A basic understanding of pre-bake, dynamic and hybrid lighting workflows.
- Knowledge of trends in cinematography and photography.
- Experience lighting both environments and characters.
- An understanding of post processing effects include colour grading.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.