Assistant Audio Designer
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
Assistant Audio Designers at Splash Damage are embedded within our audio team and help us craft the audio experiences for our upcoming titles.
Guided by our team of experienced audio designers, and having a direct mentor, Assistant Audio Designers will experience most aspects of our audio design pipeline and workflows. They will contribute to creating sound for various features, both interactive and linear.
This is a fantastic opportunity for joining a professional Audio team and gaining hands-on experience in major areas of the game audio production process!
- A real passion for audio, video games and a clear enthusiasm for playing games
- A keen interest in designing sound and implementing into a game environment
- A portfolio of work to demonstrate your skills with audio
- Awareness of current game audio concepts and techniques
- A can-do attitude and robust interpersonal skills; you love working with others and are comfortable taking on direction and feedback
- Solid time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience working in a team
- Prior audio design experience
- Familiar with a DAW, preferably Reaper
- Experience with game audio middleware
- Experience with Unreal Engine
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.