Head Coach of League of Legends
Nestled in Geneva, Ohio, the SPIRE Institute is a multi-sport Training Facility catering to the NCAA’s best in basketball, swimming, Track and Field, and now, esports!
SPIRE Academy will now feature training for student-athletes in League of Legends, VALORANT, Overwatch, and other competitive esports titles. During their tenure at SPIRE, students will learn from a coaching team comprised of esports experts, nutritional and diet experts, mental health and wellness coaches, and a complete set of support staff and college professors who will help the player to develop both the in and out of game skills to succeed in a collegiate or professional environment. At SPIRE, students will receive a complete support structure every step of the way, resulting in a healthier gamer with better student outcomes and complete administrative support as they begin exploring their collegiate and career options. SPIRE Academy esports is grounded in the belief that young players require the best possible support. Career burn out, long term injuries, and health problems can be rooted in the many hours gamers put in without formal structure around their training early in their careers. As such, players need support in their health, diet, and mental health before they make it to college or the professional leagues.
SPIRE is looking for a League of Legends coach to work with our staff to develop and train student athletes year round. This position will oversee all League of Legends training and operations for our full time Academy students, and will also work with the Director of Esports on Summer Camp and Boot-camp offerings, as well as other strategic initiatives around League of Legends on campus.
- Have experience coaching high MMR (D1+) players in League of Legends
- Be able to work onsite at our Geneva, Ohio campus.
- Be comfortable working with high school aged players, interfacing with parents, and developing plans for incremental growth
- Have a network of collegiate coaches you can bring to the table to positively impact student outcomes as we seek to place graduates into college programs and professional roles where they can succeed.
- Be comfortable working in a startup environment.
- Have experience designing lesson plans, in game curriculum and running VOD sessions.
- Be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment with many stakeholders.
In this function you will:
- Plan the operations and logistics of the day to day League of Legends/Valorant Academy
- Develop a long-term curriculum focused on in game progression for our student athletes
- Develop relationships with college coaches to positively impact student outcomes and help place students upon graduation
- Plan and execute all league and tournament policies, compliance, and participation
- Work with the operations team to evaluate and place talent with colleges and organizations
- Work closely with the Director of Esports to implement other League of Legends offerings on campus
- Help create content and features around the SPIRE space and interface with the media as necessary