(Closed) VP, Internet Product Strategy
The VP, Internet Product Strategy is responsible for the identification of high-impact product strategies, diversification opportunities, and new business ventures for the Residential and SMB Internet product line.
The VP is a proven, motivated and energetic leader who brings expert knowledge of the Internet ecosystem, emerging technologies (e.g. VR and AR), consumer Internet trends (e.g., online gaming and Esports), and regulatory environments.
In collaboration with executive management and our emerging technology and marketing teams, the VP will be focused on developing the strategic vision for new services and partnerships that further enhance our connectivity offerings.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently, lead efforts to offer differentiated Internet customer experiences with industry leading connectivity services.
- Develop strategic positions for emerging spaces like cloud gaming, virtual reality, augmented reality, and telemedicine in the home.
- Create actionable insight through analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, building recommendations that directly tie to business objectives; help point the way to invest in new technologies and services that support the long-term vision.
- Stay abreast of changing market conditions, competitors and new technologies, and drive alignment on the potential impacts.
- Create product and business plans to harness market opportunities created by the evolving conditions.
- Develop a multi-year Internet product roadmap in partnership with other product groups, engineering, marketing, and customer operations.
- Partner with business stakeholders in order to achieve alignment to deliver the product vision.
- Work to test new strategies and develop products in various markets to monitor and maximize the strategy implementation.
- Build relationships with key business partners to ensure synergies across organizations. (e.g. Engineering, IT, Software Development).
- Represent Charter in public forums such as industry panels and events.
- Foster and take part in a collaborative work environment that exemplifies Charter’s commitment to its Mission and Values.
- Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to listen to and interpret the needs of the customer
- Ability to develop and manage business cases and financial models
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to influence across the organization, particularly at the senior levels
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively with senior executives and peers as well as with technical partners and agencies
- Demonstrated organizational abilities, problem solving/analytical thinking and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Demonstrated business acumen and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and translate strategies into solid implementation plans that drive results
- Deep understanding of competitive products and consumer trends
- Flexibility to manage competing priorities and shift focus as determined by changing needs of the business
- Strong computer and software application skills (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Strong data and financial analysis skills
- An empathy for end users (Residential and SMB)
- Knowledge of, and a passion for, the rapidly evolving technology and connectivity ecosystem
- “Consulting mindset” with exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and frameworks to evaluate new markets
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) complex ideas effectively
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- Related Work Experience Number Of Years
- Product strategy and development experience 7+
- Senior level management experience 5+
- Strategic Planning 5+
- Cable and telecommunications experience (preferred) N/A
- Office environment
- Travel as required
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.