It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects at all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy. Our exciting new music game, Beatstar is set for global launch and we are also working on a new multiplayer game set in the Boom Beach universe. Check out our artstation to get a glimpse of the other genres we’ve been working on.
As an embedded development QA Tester for Space Ape you’ll be the first line of defence between our fast paced product iterations and our millions of users. You’ll be a key part of the delivery team, working closely with developers, artists, game leads and QA engineers both internally and externally to produce products we’re deeply proud of and make sure our users have the best experience possible.
We’re looking for the perfect candidate to join our testing efforts taking responsibility for the quality of our titles, working with the QA Manager, QA engineers and dev team in executing solid test strategies.
- First and foremost: Ensure our games are of the highest quality.
- Working with the QA team to delegate tasks, assess risks and escalate issues to the Game Lead and QA Manager.
- Working with the QA team to strategise the test planning of sprints and deliver high quality builds on time.
- Respond to the needs of the development team.
- Simultaneously manage structured tasks with impromptu requests.
- Contributing to Space Ape’s future.
- 2+ years of manual games QA experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Solid understanding of the SDLC in short sprint cycles
- Detail oriented problem solving capabilities
- Knowledge of bug reporting workflow, and bug management
- Experience creating bulletproof test plans, and clearly reporting results
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment in an embedded team, whilst maintaining flexibility
- A self-motivated individual who is confident in taking initiative
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that in 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020 was crowned one of the best companies to work for in the UK by gamesindustry.biz.
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 4.7/5.0 Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- Competitive salary & stock options
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for passionate, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched four games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $250m revenue.
We are part of the Supercell family, giving access to some of the most talented game makers on the planet.
Our studio is currently 110 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.