We’re on the look out for a talented and driven Game Designer to come and play a part in our mission to create the best mobile game experiences. You will be responsible for delivering high quality designs that align with the games vision and player needs.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects in all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy.
- Worked as part of small multi-disciplinary game teams
- Full development cycle experience, from pitching & prototyping, to launch and beyond
- Hands-on involvement with different genres of games
- Puzzle design knowledge and experience
- Experience in leading the design of a game OR multiple major features
- Passionate mobile gamer
Skills & Responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of the design process and an ability to turn ideas into crafted experiences
- Excellent at identifying opportunities to make improvements at all stages of development
- Experience creating visions for games or features and can rally a team around them
- Ability to create and facilitate ideation sessions that align others around the problem space
- You're able to tackle designs from multiple angles; while considering the vision, player needs and design fundamentals
- Strong level design skills, you are able to build and balance compelling content
- Skilled at communicating your designs through a variety of sources, from paper to prototype
- You can critique other ideas or designs, and reflect on your own
- You're able to identify what's needed to transform something from good to great!
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- An award winning studio that in 2017, 2018 & 2019 was crowned one of the best companies to work for in the UK by gamesindustry.biz.
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 4.7/5.0 Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for driven, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched four games Samurai Siege, Rival Kingdoms, Transformers Earth Wars and Fastlane Road to Revenge. To date our games have been installed by over 60 million people across over 150 countries.
Our studio is currently 110 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.