Unreal Engine Generalist
Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com.
We need you to bring your vision and passion to a team dedicated to reimagining music through immersive media. Leveraging Sony Music’s vast catalog and roster of artists, the Unreal Engine Generalist will design and implement a new category of music experiences which utilize the latest game engine-based software and tools.
- Implement UI architecture, design and programming requirements
- Responsible for writing and distributing any tool plugins - must be an efficient developer able to rapidly prototype
- Lead optimization efforts for target hardware platforms, including streaming audio and video playback
- Assist in implementing client side multiplayer functionality requirements
- Responsible for making builds and maintaining backups of working builds
- Collaborate with the technical art to define the project organization
- Maintain Unreal source code using Perforce
- Follow industry coding standards and help enforce good programming practices
- Engage in technical planning, design and code reviews
- Agile methodology with an open mind and ability to adapt quickly
- 5+ years of experience developing and optimizing real time experiences in Unreal Engine 4
- Overall knowledge of game design processes, including gamification strategies and methods
- 3D modeling experience, texturing experience and the ability to code and architect various core engine systems
- 5+ years of experience in entertainment, gaming or tech industry.
- 5+ years of experience developing in C++ & blueprints. Know how to write plugins for UE4 and be comfortable with the Unreal build system
- 5+ years of experience in UE4 Multiplayer Client-Server networking coding
- 5+ years of experience developing Slate / UMG (Unreal UI Systems)
- 3+ years of experience integrating with cloud-based SaaS solutions such as PlayFab
- 3+ years of experience deploying and hosting cloud-based solutions on AWS or Azure
- Strong knowledge of 3D Math (Linear Algebra)
- Strong knowledge of the entire 3D rendering pipeline
- Experience with managing versioning management systems (Perforce, Git, etc.) and game engine collaboration best-practices (prefabs, asset naming, organized directory hierarchies, etc.)
- Experience making natural gameplay mechanics and UX for multiple platforms
- Experience with game client installers, app version patching and asset bundling
- Rapid prototyping and ability to iterate quickly over a very short period of time
- Proven self‐starter and independent problem‐solving ability with a curious mindset
- Strong initiative, maturity, and the ability to work well with others – a diplomatic team player is a must
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.