Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com.
We need you to bring your vision and passion to a team dedicated to reimagining music through immersive media. The Gameplay Engineer will play a key role in designing, implementing, and maintaining systems and tools for immersive media content creation.
- Design, develop, and maintain the core engine systems and tools that power immersive music experiences.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code that is scalable and cross platform.
- Develop and maintain tools and technology for specific project requirements as needed.
- Support the engineering team with a core focus on innovation, quality and efficiency in programming, process and feature implementation.
- Collaborate with designers to encourage tight cooperation between design and code.
- Implement technology, architecture, optimization and processes that demonstrates expert knowledge of modern video game development.
- Identify technical risks and technological advances and adapt accordingly to keep both team and product development on track and operational at all times.
- Develop designs and tests that enable new features without sacrificing existing functionality.
- Build and optimize code that performs well on the target hardware, meeting and/or exceeding design requirements
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines as a true team player; contribute to a positive working environment
- 3+ years of gameplay engineering experience with at least one shipped AAA title within the game industry.
- Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine and C++ with solid code architecture skills
- Expert in video game technology, optimization, and development.
- Ability to predict and solve complex technical development issues on a product-wide scale.
- Proficient in linear algebra.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
- Strong leadership qualities and capabilities.
- Self-motivated with drive for excellence.
- Excellent written, verbal and team communication skills.
- Able and motivated to work across disciplines, with diverse team members who hold differing perspectives – a team player is essential.
- Experience in networking, and game server sharding a plus.
- Passion for music a big plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.