Art Director (f/m/x)
We are looking for an Art Director (f/m/x) to join our Berlin game studio. For this role you bring deep passion for and experience with casual mobile game art. You will define the style and visual quality of our games, inspire others and give direction to your team of artists. You will work closely with our game artists across the different teams and function as a supportive art leader. You will not only direct artists and create concept designs, you will also dive into the details of a project from time to time -creating graphics and assets yourself. You understand typical technical constraints and you are familiar with the challenges in game development. You embrace these constrains and challenges as a frame for your art - not as a limiting restriction and you love to think outside of the box.
- You will foster a healthy culture in the studio which emphasizes craftsmanship, creativity, learning, open sharing and communication.
- You will create concepts, characters, backgrounds and UI and you are not shy to be hands-on.
- You will define and build standards and art pipelines that are robust in all terms of quality and technology.
- You will guide HR and management with hiring & training game artists.
- 5 years + of experience in the games industry in a leading art position.
- A strong mobile games background.
- You are passionate about creating, evolving and executing an artistic vision.
- You have an excellent eye for detail and what world leading mobile games look like.
- You are an outstanding artist - your portfolio will tell.
- Exceptional communication in English and strong visual presentation skills.
Nice to have:
- Background in classical animation and or 3D.
- Understanding of technical art.
What we offer:
Working and living in Germany has many advantages as e.g. a high job security, great work-life balance and one of the best universal health care systems in the world. Further, our Berlin team benefits from:
- Visa: Our visa assistance service guides you through the whole process and helps with tips and tricks to get the approvals and your visa as fast as possible.
- Relocation Support: We support your move to Berlin with e.g. flat hunting, paper work like local registration, setting up bank accounts etc.
- Language classes: We pay your German lessons so you can order food auf deutsch very fast and go right up to perfecting your business vocabulary.
- Further training: A personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops, etc.
- Flexible working hours and home office: Productive hours differ individually. That’s why you're welcome to show up in the office whenever you're ready for it. Need to watch the kids or wait for a handicraftsman? No problem - we also offer the opportunity for home office.
- Office: A super modern office with state of the art tech, based in the center of Berlin, quickly to reach from all destinations thanks to the excellent public transport connections.
- Equipment: Choose between a MacBook Pro or Windows Laptop at your choice. Furthermore our office features the latest projectors, cameras, testing devices, monitors - you name it.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and drinks: Enjoy fresh fruits, free coffee and a fully stocked fridge with cold water, juices, coke, club mate, beer etc. For the sweet-toothed we have snacks, chocolate and chips of course.
- Epic company parties: Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer Party, Oktoberfest, Christmas Party.
- Team events: We have regular casual fridays, board game nights, pub quizzes, team lunches, company breakfasts and much more …
- Team spirit: Beyond our amazing parties and company events, the team further organizes activities themselves such as playing soccer together, a cooking group, a Japanese learning group, and much more.