(Closed) 2D Artist
SOFTGAMES is looking for an experienced 2D Artist to join our Studio in Toronto, ON, Canada, who has professional experience working in-house, preferably within the games industry. If coming up with creative concepts, clear user interfaces and efficiently creating high-quality art assets is what you are passionate about, then this is the right job for you.
Reporting to the Product Manager, you’ll be working within a small cross-functional team, creating content for our casual games. You’ll receive the creative freedom to design assets and the opportunity to bring new ideas to the team.
**Qualified applicants will be expected to complete a graphics test. This is a full-time, permanent position.
**Please apply only if you have the right to work in Canada. We do not relocate / offer visa sponsorship for this position.
**Due to indeterminate circumstances of COVID-19, this position may initially be done remotely.
- Define and communicate the visual style in our casual games, and ensure the consistency of artwork production
- Conceptualize, design and produce a wide range of 2D game art assets and support integration
- Define a high-quality art style and consistent UI
- Concisely communicating your ideas about improving screen flows and game features from the perspective of the user experience
- Ensure that all the art is delivered to the developers in accordance to the project’s technical requirements
- Minimum of 2 years experience working as a 2D Artist (preferable in the games industry)
- Experience with UI Design
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in high quality visual decision-making and problem solving
- Self-starter, experienced in managing own tasks from concept through completion
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, fluent in English
- Passionate about games!
Nice to have:
- Experience with 2D Animation and Visual Effects
What we offer:
- We value your ideas & input! Take charge in your projects and see your ideas come to life
- Join a spirited, inspiring, international and enthusiastic team
- Work in a fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no-BS environment
- The chance to craft games for millions of monthly gamers
- Flexible working-hours, remote work opportunity and flat company hierarchy