SockMonkey are looking for LEVEL DESIGNERS to work on a number of exciting projects, including licensed IP, and original games. Working as part of a team, responsibilities include creating new content for titles, modifying and improving existing levels, and generating entirely new concepts from prototype to final product. The ideal candidates are passionate about design and games, work well as part of a team, and looking to join an exciting and growing studio.
- 2+ years of game industry experience
- Worked on at least two games titles
- Experience in working with Unreal
- Ability to produce levels with a good sense of layout, pacing, visual interest, and fun
- Work with programmers and artists to implement designs
- Ability to test and balance games by modifying variables and level templates
- Ability to block out work in 3D with Unreal, Blender, or other 3D packages
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be flexible and adaptable to react to feedback
- Strong understanding of level design principles, pacing and mission flow
- Experience with Blueprints
- Experience working on a variety of game genres
- Whilst prior industry experience is ideal, we will consider a promising candidate for an entry-level position
SockMonkey Studios are an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.