Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
Join us and help us make this year the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
As a member of the technical and VFX artists team, your job will involve creating all kinds of special effects, striving to achieve the highest possible quality of art within our games. You will work closely with the teams during game development and contribute to the company’s R&D. At same time, you will work in synchronicity with the art leads to ensure all special effects in each project are top-notch and spectacular.
In addition, you job will consist of:
- Working in collaboration with other members of the VFX Department and Technical art, managing both artistic and technical production for the VFX.
- Following and reinforcing the VFX pipeline with your inputs in order to enable the team to work seamlessly across different projects.
- Evaluating and updating the tasks roadmap regarding priorities and deliverables, ensuring a smooth workflow, anticipating bottlenecks and finding solutions within projects.
- Collaborating with artists, designers and other team members from several projects in all aspects of VFX , aligning the process with everyone involved.
- Researching and suggesting technical improvements and effects optimization.
- Using shaders and scripts matching the needs of the required assets.
- Maintaining the project’s consistency of style by working hand in hand with the lead artist and the art director.
This is you:
- High proficiency in real-time special effects creation inside Unity (using shuriken or any equivalent tools).
- Proven experience in the game development industry as a VFX artist in a senior position.
- In-depth knowledge of 3D modeling and 2D illustration software (3DS Max, Maya and Photoshop or similar).
- Experience working with mobile environments and optimization processes.
- Creativity and passion about games.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- English proficiency.
- Knowledge in rendered particles (e.g., FumeFX or Realflow).
- Shader creation, by code or software assisted (Amplify, Shader Graph, Shader Lab…)
- After Effects, Houdini or Spine 2D knowledge will be valued.
- C# scripting know-how.
- GLSL, CG or HLSL knowledge.
What we offer you:
First of all, we can offer you an exciting and challenging role within a dynamic and friendly team.
Sounds like what other companies also say they have? Hold on, there is way more than just that!
- Be part of a dynamic VFX team where everyone has room for inputs and ownership over their work, striving to help each other grow as VFX artists and game makers.
- You’ll get the newest and most powerful devices and equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- “Mens sana in corpore sano” is the Latin for “a healthy mind in a healthy body”. Our SocialPointers get a healthy Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus! Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym, football and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day but of course you also get private medical insurance, just in case.
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues, drop by our hairdresser’s to get ready (and forget your wallet).
- People development is key for us: coupling an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility programs you get real growth opportunities!
- If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!
The list just goes on and on… so get your game on and apply now!