We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona, part of the Take-Two Interactive family. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world.
As member of the technical team your job will involve creating all kind of special effects based on particles systems, trails, models and other 3D elements. You will work closely with the technical team members during the game developments and for the company R+D. At same time, you’ll work in synchronicity with the art leads to ensure the highest quality and spectacularity of all the special effects inside each project.
- Design and create visually pleasing special effects for a variety of projects in Socialpoint
- Maintain a consistent style with the project working hand in hand with the lead artist and the Art director
- Collaborate with the Technical artists, Designers and other team members in order to maximise the projects visual spectacularity using particle systems and other elements
- Supervision and optimisation of all the special effects used on each project
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Good level of English, both written and spoken (English is our official language!)
- Experience creating particle systems and other effects using 3DSMax + Particle flow
- In depth knowledge of the real time techniques used on video-game development
- Highly motivated and passionate about videogames
- In depth knowledge of Unity
- In depth knowledge of 3DSMax
- In depth knowledge of Photoshop
Compensation & Benefits
- 25 days annual leave + 14 public holidays
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your own personal development!
- Full private medical and dental insurance for you and your family.
- 200€ restaurant ticket each month to spend on a delicious lunch, breakfast or dinner!
- A brand new shiny device when you join! Choose the latest phone or tablet.
- Spotify Premium code
- Care packages delivered to our Socalpointers who are WFH
- Regular online social events over Zoom (and in person when it’s safe again!)
- Parent survival pack for our SP parents! Extra €€€ or vouchers, you choose!
- All of the latest SP Merch free and discounted products on the T2 Store
- A birthday gift for all our wonderful Socalpointers to celebrate their big day
- Onsite Physiotherapist and Hairdresser
And if you are relocating to Barcelona;
- Access to relocation services to help you deal with the bureaucratic side of moving
- Accountancy & Tax support
- Newbies program to help you assimilate to life in Barcelona if you’re new to the city
And when we return to the office;
- On Mondays, breakfast is on us!
- Access to a fully kitted out, state-of-the-art Gym facilities onsite
- A playground full of consoles, games and other surprising things to entertain you
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time!
We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.