Senior Mobile Game Developer (Central Tech)
Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny & cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS & Android, that are played & loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
In 2017, we were acquired by Take Two Interactive (GTA, Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption, NBA, XCom...) & we have been expanding our activities ever since, as well as creating exciting new opportunities for super talented people to work with us!
Join the challenge & help us make this year the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
As a Central Technology Mobile Developer you will design & maintain shared client components used by different game projects. You will work in a cross-functional, close-knit team pushing forward our technology.
Our company has launched several games & has many others in development at the same time, using different technologies & released on multiple platforms. We strongly believe that games teams need to focus on getting the best player experience & gameplay, that means that the technical aspects are maintained by the Central Tech department. This split model helps us with development speed & stability as game teams can rely on our high quality reusable components & avoid repeating common mistakes.
What will you do as a Socialpointer?
- Plan projects & estimate tasks autonomously, aligning with stakeholders.
- Develop & maintain shared game components in a constantly changing environment.
- Support & mentor game teams with component integration.
- Follow new developments & updates in technology & mobile platforms.
- Work closely with other central tech teams such as backend, systems or analytics.
- Propose creative solutions to never-seen-before problems.
- Help improve our technical documentation & training resources
To get a better idea of the type of work, here's some examples of projects the team developed in the past:
- Generic chat & friends component for Unity games
- Generic tutorial component for Unity games
- Research Unity DOTs Entity Component System
- Implement client-backend communication using gRPC
- Improve performance of existing games
- Prepare and present internal training on internal and third party technologies
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of professional game development experience
- Strong skills in C# & experience using Unity3D.
- Performance analysis & optimisation skills as well as strong debugging skills.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills for a good understanding of collaboration within a team of senior developers.
- Solid programming skills, awareness of best practices & techniques used in games
- Good understanding of mobile development (Android & iOS platforms).
- Passionate about gaming, proactive, team worker, rigorous & detail oriented.
- You have strong opinions on maintaining high quality work, can defend them and open to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- You are capable of quickly getting up to speed with existing code & can adapt to fast paced environments.
What’s in it for you as a SocialPointer?
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are working remotely until further notice. However, this hasn’t stopped us from offering these great benefits!
- You’ll get the newest & most powerful devices & equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays!
- Private medical insurance, just in case!
- Free Language Lessons.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you & our internal mobility program offers real growth opportunities!
- Drop by our hairdresser’s for a trim (& forget your wallet).
And whenever we return to the office…..
- Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus!
- Want to stay in shape? We have a br& new gym, football & basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day!
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues.
- If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons & help with all your boring paperwork!
The list just goes on & on... so get your game on & apply now!