Outsourcing Artist (2D)
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona, part of the Take-Two Interactive family. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world.
As an Art Outsourcing Supervisor (2D) you will ensure 2D deliveries are received without delay and properly organised in our project management tools, facilitating communication with internal departments and external vendors.
You will show a talent for efficiency, adaptability and emotional intelligence to problem solving, always executing sound judgement, with clear decision-making and poise in unexpected situations.
- Providing feedback to vendors based on art guidelines by providing visual and written instructions and other methods to ensure clear communication
- Ensure and facilitate communication with internal teams and external vendors by maintaining a strong relationship between external and internal art teams
- Identifying potential problems in the art pipeline and work with the Leads and teams to prevent them.
- Generating and providing pertinent documentation to vendors, ensuring compliant documentation, visual reference and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
- Check and fix briefings ensuring that all requirements are met, materials and shaders are provided, naming conventions are correct, and instructions are clearly understandable before sending assignments to vendors.
- Report to the Art Outsourcing Lead to align on tasks and priorities, collaborate with Outsourcing Producers and Leads to understand and communicate the visual goals of the project externally
- Implement and make sure assets are consistent and game ready and Implement approved assets into our internal Asset Manager, along with making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and game ready
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- 4 years of experience in the gaming industry.
- Familiar with Lean and Agile techniques, especially Kanban boards and Gantt charts.
- Have a great understanding of art principles such as color, anatomy and composition and the ability to apply them in the form of paintovers or written feedback.
- High level of English, both written and spoken (English is our official language!)
- Have a great understanding of art principles such as colour, anatomy and composition and the ability to apply them in the form of paintovers or written feedback.
- Highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task.
- Experienced with Google Docs, Slides and Sheets, Microsoft Office and Excel, as well as Atlassian JIRA and Confluence.
Compensation & Benefits
- 25 days annual leave
- Full private medical and dental insurance for you and your family.
- 200€ restaurant ticket each month to spend on a delicious lunch, breakfast or dinner!
- A brand new shiny device when you join! Choose the latest phone or tablet.
- Spotify Premium code
- Care packages delivered to our Socalpointers who are Work From Home
- Regular online social events over Zoom (and in person when it’s safe again!)
- Parent survival pack for our SP parents! Extra €€€ or vouchers, you choose!
- All of the latest SP Merch free and discounted products on the T2 Store
- A birthday gift for all our wonderful Socialpointers to celebrate their big day
- Onsite Physiotherapist and Hairdresser
And if you are relocating to Barcelona;
- Access to relocation services to help you deal with the bureaucratic side of moving
- Accountancy & Tax support
- Newbies program to help you assimilate to life in Barcelona if you’re new to the city
And when we return to the office;
- On Mondays, breakfast is on us!
- Access to fully kitted out, state of the art Gym facilities onsite
- A playground full of consoles, games and other surprising things to entertain you
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.