Art Outsourcing Supervisor (2D)
Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented Socialpointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, that are played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
Join us and help us make this year the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
What will you do at Socialpoint?
As an Art Outsourcing Supervisor you will ensure deliveries are received without delay and properly organised in our project management tools, facilitating communication with internal departments and external vendors.
You will show a talent for efficiency, adaptability and emotional intelligence to problem solving, always executing sound judgement, with clear decision-making and poise in unexpected situations.
- Providing feedback to vendors based on art guidelines by providing visual and written instructions and other methods to ensure clear communication
- Ensure and facilitate communication with internal teams and external vendors by maintaining a strong relationship between external and internal art teams
- Identifying potential problems in the art pipeline and work with the Leads and teams to prevent them.
- Generating and providing pertinent documentation to vendors, ensuring compliant documentation, visual reference and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
- Check and fix briefings ensuring that all requirements are met, materials and shaders are provided, naming conventions are correct, and instructions are clearly understandable before sending assignments to vendors.
- Report to the Art Outsourcing Lead to align on tasks and priorities, collaborate with Outsourcing Producers and Leads to understand and communicate the visual goals of the project externally
- Implement and make sure assets are consistent and game ready and Implement approved assets into our internal Asset Manager, along with making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and game ready
This is you:
- Familiar with Lean and Agile techniques, especially Kanban boards and Gantt charts.
- Have a great understanding of art principles such as color, anatomy and composition and the ability to apply them in the form of paintovers or written feedback.
- Highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task.
- Experienced with Google Docs, Slides and Sheets, Microsoft Office and Excel, as well as Atlassian JIRA and Confluence.
- Any other project-tracking and management/database software is welcome. (Wrike is a great bonus)
You also have:
- Excellent prioritization and communication skills to effectively interact with several departments on a daily basis.
- Good professional English skills, both verbal and written.
- Positive attitude and ability to team-working, focusing on solutions instead of problems.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A big passion for games
And when we return to the office later next year...
- Full Relocation Support - We will help you move to Barcelona ;)
- Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus!
- We have a brand new gym, football and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day!
- Monthly events to get you to know your colleagues.
- Drop by our hairdresser’s for a trim (and forget your wallet).
- If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!