Head of Design
SoStronk is a tight-knit team of gamers, storytellers, engineers, designers and trailblazers who are disrupting gaming and esports at scale. We have been a disruptive player in the esports platform space for over 5 years and are now positioned for meteoric growth with the backing of DreamSports.
We are looking to bring in a Head of Design who is keen on participating and leading design in this next highly challenging and exciting chapter. We seek out individuals who are self-driven, have high agency, embrace conflict-based decision making and can grow into natural leaders within the company.
Who you are:
You are an experienced, passionate Design leader. You enjoy direct contribution at every level from long term strategy to the pixel-perfect details of the moments comprising an amazing customer experience.
At SoStronk, our Design approach includes creative space to think strategically about the long term, to explore and research the near future with customers, and to distill the creative process into a carefully crafted user experience for active development. The successful candidate will bring their own approach and experience to these areas, with a mandate to build a dream team of experts across them all.
- 3+ years of experience leading design within an organization; 5+ years in design.
- A proven track record in building a great team, providing vision, taking on organizational challenges, and shipping great products
- An exceptional portfolio of (shipped) creative digital product design that showcases complex and creative UX solutions, exceptional visual design and solid information architecture
- Demonstrated experience with the design of B2C web-based and mobile applications (gaming or esports related shipped products is a huge plus)
- Strong point-of-view on modern, effective design processes and systems across mobile and web
- Experience integrating user research and design using both qualitative and quantitative data
- Openness to receiving feedback and having your opinions be challenged
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills - you can tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work confidently to any audience (engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, etc.)
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while chasing ambitious goals
- Passionate about gaming and esports is a huge plus
What You’ll Do:
- Leading design within the company through collaboration with cross-functional leaders and evolving SoStronk’s design culture.
- Raise the bar on design quality (never satisfied with status quo), challenging yourself and your team to create innovative and impactful work.
- Helping to develop and guide strategy and vision for SoStronk’s brand, marketing, product design, and user research.
- Balance big-picture thinking with an iterative approach to continuously deliver improvements for our users.
- Create structure and instill process that optimizes the teams performance and impact, creating transparency across projects.
- Being proactive around organizational headcount needs, helping to hire the best are set up for success while maintaining a high bar for design.
- Provide direction and vision for evolving the role of user research in product design and development; identify opportunities to increase efficiency and impact.talent, and provide mentorship for other design leaders.
- Being a key influencer within the company through effective communication, the ability to inspire, and build consensus.
- Be a great team leader who can thrive in a fast-paced environment
You're also excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at SoStronk.