Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.
Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for an experienced team leader to take on the role of Associate Producer. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, expertise in managing projects, priorities, and schedules.
- Help drive the development of a game title from pre-production to initial product release to iterative updates, with an eye towards meeting defined budgets, schedules and quality targets
- Partner with the Producer, Directors and Team Leads to communicate a clear vision for the product, create milestone schedules and ensure daily tasks are in line with the product vision
- Support the producer in driving the product quality and enable the team to do great work with a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for quality
- Communicate vision across all disciplines, evangelize the ‘why’ of how those features fit into that vision and ensure the best quality game is achievable within constraints
- Facilitate / run daily stand ups
- Proactively assess and identify risks, mitigate them early and communicate both issues and proposed solutions clearly
- Create and maintain project management documents including status reports, project plans, post-mortems and compiling of historical information
- Interface with publishing or other business partners on milestones and other deliverables, as needed
- Must have 3+ years of relevant game production experience, with at least 1 shipped titles, in a Production or Project Management capacity
- Well-versed in project management practices and software packages, ideally with JIRA (Atlassian)
- Must have strong scheduling and documentation skills, as well as, the ability to understand the technical side of the work involved (or willingness to learn)
- PMP, CSM or CAPM certification an asset
- Live- ops and games as a service experience is an asset
- Must love games