Smilegate Barcelona is seeking an experienced Lead Quality Assurance to lead a team of highly skilled QA Testers and automation programmers. Your leadership should create an environment for them to perform in the most effective way, fostering a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning, and healthy communication.
We are looking for someone with:
- The ability to operate at high and low levels: capable of hands-on work as well as leader and mentor to your team.
- A strong understanding of how to support all departments, from gameplay to core engine tools.
- Strategic thinker: create an environment of tools so QA can focus on what matters most.
- A deep desire to build up a world-class international QA team.
What the role involves:
Working hand in hand with Programming and Design Leads to build a structure to support rapid prototyping while keeping build stability in the long term.
- Coordinate with DevOps to define the build process and QA pipelines that balance rapid iteration with stability.
- Plan and execute with automation engineers tools to optimize the pipelines so testers do not execute repetitive tasks.
- Be the representative and champion for QA to all other parties.
- Establish the QA workflows in JIRA and make sure the quality of the information in the bug database is as useful as possible for the rest of the departments.
- Analyze, validate and incorporate feedback from the team and external user testing.
- Help build up a world-class QA team by being involved in the interviewing and hiring process:
- Be the mentor, guide and leader of your team of handpicked coders.
- Provide meaningful feedback to your team through team meetings, 1 on 1 session and 360 feedback.
- Be on top of the personal development goals of your testers, making sure there is always a healthy environment that fosters learning.
- Excellent track record - credited on at least 2 shipped AAA games either as Lead QA tester.
- Working experience in a modern console environment.
- Innovative thinker with creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment.
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools.
- Ability to lead and delegate as required.
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to2nd January).
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave PLUS full parental flexibility
- Beer Thursdays
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Incredible office in Barcelona in the heart of [email protected] (games room, shower, auditorium, canteen, gym, etc.) 15min from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
- Much more still to come…
Are you ready to join our Smile-family? We are already excited to have you!
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.