We are looking for a Game Director to join our world class Design team in creating a new AAA Open world project.
You will work alongside the Art, Technical and Creative leadership to design the vision and oversee the design, implementation and quality standards of Design for our AAA open world game. You will take responsibility for overseeing the game, gameplay and technical design disciplines and you will work with and mentor their leads to ensure expansion and smooth operation of these teams.
What the role involves:
- Play a key role in design direction on the project.
- Provide clear and consistent direction to the Design teams, in line with the project vision.
- Partner with Art, Technical and Creative leadership to solve problems and enable the Design teams to do their best work.
- Represent the Design teams in discussions across the project.
- Oversee the work of design team members and mentor Design team leads.
- Strategize with the Production team and Creative Leadership to coordinate Design resources, schedules and priorities based on project needs.
- Maintain high standards of work in all aspects of Design on the project.
- Multiple development cycles on AAA titles, at least one in a Lead position.
- An ability to develop lasting and productive relationships in a collaborative team with diverse perspectives.
- Proven success building features and systems in AAA titles.
- Strong people and team management skills.
- Proven collaborative problem identification and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, highly motivated and approachable, with excellent communication skills honed by your experience in similar roles.
- A genuine passion for games.
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to2nd January).
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave PLUS full parental flexibility
- Beer Thursdays
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Incredible office in Barcelona in the heart of [email protected] (games room, shower, auditorium, canteen, gym, etc.) 15min from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
- Much more still to come…
Are you ready to join our Smile-family? We are already excited to have you!
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.